Tater Tot Casserole is a classic and comforting dish that’s perfect for busy weeknights or as a hearty meal for the whole family. This dish is made with ground beef, creamy soup, and of course, tater tots!
To make the casserole, start by browning ground beef in a skillet. Drain any excess fat and add in diced onions, garlic, and your favorite seasonings. Once the beef is cooked through, add in a can of condensed cream of mushroom soup and a can of condensed cream of chicken soup. Mix well until the soups are fully incorporated.
Next, transfer the beef mixture to a baking dish and cover it with a layer of tater tots. Arrange the tater tots in a single layer, making sure to cover the entire surface of the casserole. Then, sprinkle shredded cheddar cheese on top of the tater tots.
Bake the casserole in the oven until the tater tots are golden brown and crispy, and the cheese is melted and bubbly. The end result is a delicious and satisfying casserole that’s sure to become a family favorite.
What makes Tater Tot Casserole so special is its simplicity and versatility. It’s easy to customize with your favorite ingredients and seasonings, making it a great way to use up leftover veggies or proteins in your fridge. Plus, it’s a filling and comforting dish that’s perfect for those colder months.
Overall, Tater Tot Casserole is a classic dish that’s sure to please the whole family. It’s easy to make, delicious, and perfect for those busy weeknights when you need a quick and satisfying meal.
A casserole for any time of the day. Creamy ground beef and corn with crunchy tater tots on top that everyone in the family will love.
- 2 lbs. Ground beef
- 1 Package taco seasoning
- 1 Can corn drained
- 1 Can nacho cheese soup
- 32 oz. Bag frozen tater tots
- 1 ½ C. Shredded cheddar cheese
How To Make Tator Tot Casserole
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Add the ground beef to a large skillet over medium high heat on the stove, and saute until the meat is completely browned. Drain any excess fat.
- Reduce the heat to low and stir in the taco seasoning. Saute for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in the corn and soup to combine. Continue to cook for a minute or two.
- Pour the meat mixture in the bottom of a well greased 9×13 baking dish.
- Top the mixture with the tater tots in an even layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, top with the shredded cheese and bake for an additional 5 minutes, or until the cheese has melted.