Amish Cinnamon Bread
Amish Cinnamon Bread is a beloved classic that fills your home with the warm, comforting aroma of cinnamon and sugar as it bakes. This sweet and tender bread is swirled with a delicious cinnamon-sugar mixture, creating a delightful treat that’s perfect for breakfast, brunch, or any time you’re craving a homemade baked good. Whether enjoyed fresh out of the oven or toasted with a slather of butter, Amish Cinnamon Bread is sure to become a family favorite. Let’s dive into the recipe and discover how to make this irresistible bread!
For the bread:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup buttermilk (or 1 cup milk mixed with 1 tablespoon lemon juice or vinegar)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
For the cinnamon-sugar swirl:
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Gradually add the buttermilk to the creamed mixture, mixing until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour and baking soda.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mixing until just combined. Be careful not to overmix.
- In a small bowl, mix together the granulated sugar and ground cinnamon to make the cinnamon-sugar swirl.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared loaf pan, spreading it out evenly.
- Sprinkle half of the cinnamon-sugar swirl mixture over the batter in the pan.
- Pour the remaining batter over the cinnamon-sugar swirl layer, spreading it out evenly.
- Sprinkle the remaining cinnamon-sugar swirl mixture over the top of the batter in the pan.
- Use a knife or skewer to gently swirl the cinnamon-sugar mixture into the batter, creating a marbled effect.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Remove the bread from the oven and let it cool in the pan for 10 minutes before transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, slice the Amish Cinnamon Bread and serve.
With its tender crumb and irresistible cinnamon-sugar swirl, Amish Cinnamon Bread is a delightful treat that’s perfect for any time of day. Whether enjoyed fresh out of the oven or toasted with a bit of butter, this homemade bread is sure to warm your heart and satisfy your cravings for something sweet and comforting. So gather your ingredients, preheat your oven, and get ready to bake up a batch of delicious Amish Cinnamon Bread that your whole family will love!