Italian Drunken Noodles, also known as “Pasta alla Ubriaca” in Italian, is a flavorful and vibrant pasta dish that combines the rich flavors of Italian cuisine with a touch of wine. This recipe takes inspiration from the traditional Italian pasta dishes, infusing the noodles with a delicious wine-infused sauce that creates a unique and irresistible flavor profile.
The term “drunken” in the name refers to the use of red wine as a key ingredient in the sauce, which adds depth and complexity to the dish. The wine not only enhances the flavor of the sauce but also infuses the noodles with a subtle richness that sets this dish apart from other pasta recipes.
To make Italian Drunken Noodles, you’ll typically start by cooking the pasta of your choice until al dente. While the pasta is cooking, a flavorful sauce is prepared by sautéing garlic, onions, and herbs in olive oil. Then, red wine is added to the pan, creating a fragrant and savory base. The pasta is then tossed in this wine-infused sauce, allowing it to absorb all the delicious flavors.
Italian Drunken Noodles can be customized with various ingredients such as tomatoes, mushrooms, bell peppers, and even sausage or seafood, depending on your preferences. The final result is a tantalizing dish that showcases the best of Italian flavors and leaves you with a satisfying and memorable dining experience.
Whether you’re hosting a dinner party or simply looking to indulge in a gourmet pasta dish, Italian Drunken Noodles is a delightful option that will transport your taste buds to the heart of Italy. So grab a glass of wine, embrace the Italian spirit, and savor each mouthwatering bite of this fantastic pasta creation.
Not all pasta dishes are created equal, and these drunken noodles are special Italian pasta recipes. If you want something different than the usual tomato or cream-based pasta dishes, please try this one. Italian drunken noodles are not overly “saucy” but are super moist and very tasty.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- ½ cup red bell pepper
- ½ cup yellow bell pepper
- ½ cup orange bell pepper
- ¼ cup onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup white wine
- 1- 28 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 12 oz egg noodles
How To Make Italian Drunken Noodles:
- In a 4-quart dutch oven or large skillet, heat ½ tablespoon and brown the Italian sausage. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- In the same pot, heat the remaining ½ tablespoon of olive oil and saute the onion, bell peppers, and garlic until fragrant, about 3 minutes
- Pour in the white wine and reduce until it is almost all evaporated
- Add the diced tomatoes, Italian seasoning, red chili flakes, salt, pepper, and simmer for 10 minutes. Return the sausage to the pot and add the chopped parsley. Cook for 5 more minutes and keep warm while cooking the noodles according to package instructions. Drain the noodles and add them to the pot. Toss to combine and serve.