Here’s a recipe for Paleo spaghetti squash with meat sauce that you might enjoy:
- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C) degrees.
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds and pulp.
- Drizzle the inside of each half with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Place the squash halves cut side down on a baking sheet and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the flesh is easily pierced with a fork.
- While the squash is baking, heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook until softened.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, dried basil, dried oregano, salt, and pepper to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Bring the sauce to a simmer and let it cook for 10-15 minutes, until it thickens.
- Once the spaghetti squash is done, use a fork to scrape the flesh into long strands.
- Serve the spaghetti squash topped with the meat sauce and enjoy!
This Paleo spaghetti squash with meat sauce is a healthy and delicious alternative to traditional pasta dishes.