Here’s a recipe for Paleo stuffed peppers:
- 4 large bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (6 oz) tomato paste
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil, for cooking
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Place the pepper halves cut side up in a baking dish.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned, breaking it up into small pieces with a wooden spoon as it cooks.
- Add the onion and garlic to the skillet and cook until softened.
- Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, dried oregano, salt, and pepper to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for 10-15 minutes, until it thickens.
- Spoon the beef mixture into the pepper halves, packing it in tightly.
- Cover the dish with foil and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until the peppers are tender.
- Remove the foil and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, until the tops are browned and bubbly.
- Serve hot and enjoy!
These Paleo stuffed peppers are a flavorful and nutritious meal that’s easy to make. You can also customize the recipe by adding in other vegetables or seasonings to suit your taste.