2 a quarter cup of all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon of baking soda
1 teaspoon of salt
1 cup softened butter
3/4 cup of sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1 teaspoon extract de vanille
2 c. chocolate chips (semi-sweet)
evaporated milk, 5 oz
1 bag of caramels (14 oz)
a half-cup of peanut butter
STEP 1 OF PREPARE
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Preheat the oven to 350°F and grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, thoroughly after each addition.
- Stir in the flour mixture gradually.
- Add the chocolate chips and mix well.
- Press half of the cookie dough into the bottom of the prepared pan.
Preheat oven to 350°F and bake for 8-10 minutes. Remove the dish from the oven.
- In a double boiler, melt the caramels and evaporated milk while the cookie dough is baking. After the caramels have melted, add the peanut butter.
- Allow to completely melt. Spread over the base of the baked cookie dough.
- Drop spoonfuls of the remaining cookie dough on top of the caramel mixture.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a light golden brown color is achieved.