Cheesecake from Woolworth’s
- 1 lemon, 3 ounces Jell-0
- 1 cup water that has been brought to a boil
- 1 box graham cracker crumbs (3 cups) plus additional crumbs for a thicker crust
- 1 melted butter stick
- 1 pound of cream cheese (8 ounces)
- 1 cup sugar (granulated)
5 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream or 1 can evaporated milk, thoroughly chilled
- In a pot of boiling water, dissolve Jell-O. Cool until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- In a 9 X 13 pan, combine 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs and melted butter until thoroughly combined, then press into the bottom to form a crust. Save the remaining crumbs to sprinkle over the top of the dessert.
- Whip the evaporated milk/heavy cream until it is light and frothy.
- In a separate bowl, using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, and lemon juice until smooth.
- Slowly stir in the thickened Jell-O
evaporated milk, whipped
- Spread the filling evenly over the crust and top with the reserved graham cracker crumbs.
- Chill for at least 2 hours and up to overnight in the refrigerator, covered.