Stabilized Whipped Cream
Whipped cream is a delicious and versatile topping that adds a light and creamy touch to desserts, but it can often lose its texture and deflate over time. Enter stabilized whipped cream—a simple solution to ensure that your whipped cream stays fluffy and holds its shape for longer periods. This recipe for stabilized whipped cream uses gelatin to help stabilize the whipped cream, making it perfect for decorating cakes, topping pies, or filling pastries. With its light and airy texture and long-lasting stability, stabilized whipped cream is sure to elevate your desserts to the next level. Let’s dive into the recipe and discover how to make this essential topping!
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin powder
- 4 teaspoons cold water
- 1 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, sprinkle the gelatin powder over the cold water. Let it sit for a few minutes to bloom.
- Microwave the gelatin mixture in short 5-10 second intervals until the gelatin is completely dissolved, stirring after each interval. Be careful not to let it boil.
- Allow the dissolved gelatin mixture to cool to room temperature.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the chilled heavy cream with an electric mixer on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Gradually add the powdered sugar and vanilla extract to the whipped cream while continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Be careful not to overmix.
- With the mixer running on low speed, slowly pour the cooled gelatin mixture into the whipped cream in a steady stream.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium-high and continue beating until the gelatin is fully incorporated and the whipped cream is thick and holds its shape.
- Use the stabilized whipped cream immediately as a topping for desserts, or store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container until ready to use.
With its light and airy texture and long-lasting stability, stabilized whipped cream is a versatile topping that’s perfect for a wide range of desserts. Whether you’re decorating cakes, topping pies, or filling pastries, this essential topping is sure to impress with its fluffy texture and creamy flavor. So gather your ingredients, whip up a batch of stabilized whipped cream, and get ready to take your desserts to the next level!