Big Boy’s Fresh Strawberry Pie is a beloved dessert that has delighted taste buds for generations. This iconic recipe pays homage to the classic strawberry pie found at Big Boy restaurants, known for its luscious filling of fresh strawberries encased in a flaky pie crust and topped with a layer of sweet glaze.
With its vibrant colors and irresistible flavors, Big Boy’s Fresh Strawberry Pie is the epitome of summertime indulgence. The star of the show is undoubtedly the fresh strawberries, which are showcased in all their juicy and sweet glory. The strawberries are piled high into a baked pie crust, creating a stunning display that captures the essence of the season.
The glaze that tops the strawberries adds an extra touch of sweetness and a glossy sheen, enhancing the overall appeal of the pie. Made with a combination of sugar, cornstarch, and strawberry gelatin, the glaze provides a delightful balance of sweetness and tanginess that perfectly complements the fresh fruit.
Whether you’re enjoying a slice of Big Boy’s Fresh Strawberry Pie at a picnic, family gathering, or simply as a special treat, each bite offers a burst of fruity goodness that will transport you to a place of pure delight. The combination of the flaky crust, juicy strawberries, and sweet glaze creates a symphony of flavors and textures that make this pie a true crowd-pleaser.
So, as strawberry season rolls around, seize the opportunity to recreate the magic of Big Boy’s Fresh Strawberry Pie in your own kitchen. Indulge in the nostalgia and taste the essence of summertime bliss with this timeless dessert that continues to capture the hearts and palates of dessert lovers everywhere.
This strawberry pie tastes JUST like the classic pie from Frisch’s Big Boy/Shoneys! It uses 6 simple ingredients, and a pre-made pie crust to make it easy!
- 1 frozen pie crust
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 1/4 cups water
- 3 tbsp strawberry jelly
- 2 cups strawberries, sliced
How To Make Big Boy’s Fresh Strawberry Pie:
- Bake frozen pie crust according to the directions on the package. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium heat, whisk together sugar, cornstarch and water. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 or so minute, until thickened.
- Whisk in strawberry jelly. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- Add strawberries to the cooled pie crust, then pour over strawberry jelly mixture. Refrigerate for a few hours until set.