My wife Made this “red velvet cheesecake”, y’all help me make his day with compliments, you can try this at home and be like chef homemade cheesecake yummy… 🥰😍
For The Cake:
120 ml soft olive oil (I used sunflower oil)
320 gr sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp red coloring paste
3 tsp vanilla extract
250 ml milk
2 tsp lemon juice
300 gr flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp white vinegar
For The Filling and Topping Cream:
125 gr butter at room temperature
300 gr powdered sugar
125 gr cream cheese (not light)
3 tablespoons milk
Preparation of The Cake:
- First, we prepare the buttermilk; we put the milk in a glass and add the lemon juice. Let it stand for 8 minutes. Do not worry if the milk seems to be cut, it is as it should be.
- Grease and flour the molds. Preheat the oven to 180ºC degrees up and down the heat. Sift the flour with the cocoa powder. Set aside.
- Beat the oil, sugar, and eggs until they are well integrated. At low speed, continue beating and alternately add the flour and cocoa mixture with the milk.
- Mix the baking soda with the vinegar in a small glass and when it bubbles, add it to the mixture. Beat at low speed until the mixture is homogeneous.
- Add the red coloring and the vanilla extract and continue beating to integrate everything well.
- Divide the mixture into the three molds so that there is the same amount in each of them (I weighed the dough).
- Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes until you check that they are well baked by pricking with a toothpick or when you check that they have separated from the mold on the sides.
- Once tempered, unmold on a wire rack and let cool completely.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and put in the refrigerator until the next day.
Preparation of the cream:
- Sift the powdered sugar in a large bowl and pour over it the butter, which should be at room temperature. Beat at maximum speed until the mixture is well blended.
- Add the milk as it is being beaten. When the mixture is white and fluffy, add the cheese all at once. First beat at low speed for about 1 minute and then increase the speed to maximum and continue beating until a creamy mixture is formed.
Assembling the Cake:
- We equalize the sponge cakes with a sharp knife and fix one of them with a little cream on the base that we are going to assemble the cake, we are filling and putting a cake on top of another.
- We cover our cake with a layer of cream, “the crumb layer,” which must be thin and put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Cover again with a new layer of filling, smoothing well with a spatula, and decorate to taste. I decorated it with sponge cake crumbs.