Garlic herb pot roast, the perfect homemade meal, try this at home and be safe
• 6 – 7 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
• 4 tbsp olive or avocado oil
• 2 lb baby carrots, Can use large carrots cut into 3-inch sticks if preferred.
• 2 medium white or yellow onion, chopped in large chunks
• 4 cups beef stock
• 2 cup apple juice
• 2 tbsp tomato paste
• 4 tbsp garlic, minced
• 4 tbsp dried parsley
• 5 tsp salt
• 2 tsp pepper
• Add oil to a skillet and heat to high heat. Once oil is hot, place your pot roast in the skillet and brown on both sides. Approximately 3-4 minutes per side.
• Place your browned beef in the bottom of your 6 or 7 qt slow cooker. Add onion, carrots, potatoes (optional), beef stock, apple juice, tomato paste, garlic, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir. Cover and cook on low for 7 to 8 hours.
• Use two forks to shred the finished pot roast and add back to the slow cooker. Taste. Add extra salt or pepper if desired. Serve over Light & Creamy Mashed Potatoes and top with fresh chopped parsley or thyme.