Ultra Juicy Grilled BBQ Pork Chops
- 4-6 thick-cut boneless pork chops
- salt and pepper BBQ Sauce :
- 1 cup ketchup
- ⅔ cup brown sugar – packed
- 3 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon mesquite seasoning – see note
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cracked black pepper – if using ground pepper, reduce to 1/8 teaspoon ▫️Instructions :
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, combine all ingredients for the bbq sauce. Bring to a boil, reduce to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring throughout. Reduce from heat and set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium and oil the grates.
- Season pork chops generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place pork chops on the grill, cook for 2-3 minutes, then turn over and brush bbq sauce all over the tops and sides of the pork chops. Cook another 5-7 minutes, then turn and brush bbq sauce all over the tops and sides again.
- Cook 5-7 minutes longer until internal temperature reaches 140 degrees F or there is no longer any pink in the center. Allow to rest on a plate or cutting board – covered – for at least 5 minutes before serving – this is KEY to keeping the pork chops nice and juicy.
- Serve with remaining bbq sauce. Enjoy.