Brownies with French Silk Pie
TO MAKE THE BROWNIES, COMBINE THE FOLLOWING INGREDIENTS:
– 1 box fudge brownie mix (18.3 oz.)
TO MAKE THE TOPPING: Preheat oven to 350°F.
– 1 bar (4 oz.) finely chopped German chocolate bar – 4 tbsp. (1/2 stick) 1 pkg. (8 oz.) softened cream cheese – unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 CUP CONFECTIONERS’ SUCTIONERS’ SUCTIONERS’ SUC
– 1 tub (16 oz.) thawed frozen whipped topping
- To decorate, use chocolate curls or small chocolate chips (optional)
Step 1: Prepare and bake the brownies as directed on the package. Allow to cool completely after removing from the oven.
Step 2: In a large microwave-safe bowl, microwave the German chocolate chunks and butter for 30 seconds on HIGH. Melt for another 15 seconds after stirring. Stir until the mixture is smooth and melted.
Step 3: Add the cream cheese to the melted chocolate mixture and confectioners’ sugar until combined. Fold in half (8 oz.) of the whipped topping. Step4: Spread the French silk filling over the cooled brownies. Top with remaining whipped topping and garnish with chocolate curls, if using. Step5: Refrigerate at least 4 hours, or until set, before cutting into squares.