Is there anyone here who still makes meatloaf?
1 pound ground beef (10 percent fat)
1 pound pork ground
1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
3 tablespoons finely chopped celery
3 tablespoons freshly chopped fresh parsley
a single huge egg
1/2 gallon of milk
2/3 cup unseasoned unseasoned unseasoned unseasoned unseasoned unseasoned unseasoned unseasoned unseasoned unseasoned
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 2 tablespoons salt
ketchup, 1/4 cup
1 teaspoon sauce de Worcester
1.Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the beef and pork. Mix the garlic, onion, celery, and parsley in with the meat but not yet.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg and milk until smooth. Stir in the breadcrumbs, salt, and pepper until everything is well combined.
- The combination
Should combine easily and have a smooth, thick batter-like consistency. Add an extra tablespoon or two of milk if it’s too pasty.
- Gently fold the egg mixture into the meat with a wooden spoon or spatula. Don’t overdo the mixing for the best results.
- Spray a 9-1/2 x 5-1/2-inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and spoon in the meatloaf mixture, gently tamping it down and smoothing the top.
- You can bake your meatloaf in the pan, but we prefer to use it as a mold instead.
- Spray a shallow baking pan with nonstick spray and line it with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place the meatloaf in the pan and press it up with your hands
and shape it to your liking
- Remove the meatloaf from the oven after 40 minutes to glaze the top.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup and Worcestershire sauce and brush it all over the top and sides of the pan.
11.Bake for another 15 to 20 minutes, or until the glaze is set and the meatloaf reaches a temperature of 155°F on the inside. Allow 5 minutes to settle before slicing.