Italian Cream Cake Recipe, the perfect cake ever, homemade cake and delicious one
•2 c all-purpose flour
•2 c sugar
•1 stick butter
•1/2 c shredded coconuts
•1 c finely chopped walnuts
•5 egg whites [beat for stiff peaks]
•5 egg yolks
•1 c buttermilk
•1 1/2 tsp vanilla
•1 tsp baking soda
•1 Tbsp baking powder [optional]
•1 pkg cream cheese, 8 oz.
•1/2 c whipping cream
•1/2 c chopped nuts
•4 c powdered sugar
•1/2 c coconut, shredded
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter with sugar. Add vanilla.
- Separate the eggs.
- Beat the whites until soft peaks form; set aside.
- Cream the egg yolks, butter, and sugar. Set them aside.
- In a separate bowl combine dry ingredients: Sift flour, baking powder, and baking soda. [It doesn’t call for baking powder but I like my cakes to stand high]
- Add the dry ingredients to the mixture a little at a time alternating with the buttermilk (about 1/4 cup at a time).
- Next mix in walnuts and coconut.
- With a spatula gently fold in your egg whites into the batter by making the figure 8 pattern.
- Spoon the batter into your greased Bundt pan making it as even as you can.
- Bake for about 60 minutes until the cake seems firm. Let it cool for 20 minutes.
- For the Icing, with a hand blender cream the cream cheese with the 1/2 cup of whipping cream.
- Add powdered sugar. Blend.
- Remove cake from Bundt pan.
- Ice the cake.
- Sprinkle coconut and top off with chopped walnuts. Again drizzle [I like that word] more icing on top of nuts and coconut.
- Refrigerate the cake until you are going to slice and serve!